LIKE MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK | PHOTO QUOTES »

Friday, August 18, 2017

my prom queen

#shortstory
Title: MY PROM QUEEN
Writer: Q

Senior year na kami ni naela, she's been my crush since we were in grade school.
She's an elite, top notcher in academic wise, got a deep kind eyes, and a smile that could make my day.
At dahil magkalapit lang surname namin, halos lahat ng classroom namin eh magkagroup or magkalapit kami sa seating arrangements.
I told my few friends about it, the feeling that i'm feeling towards her.
Then the rumor got out, diahe pre!
The part that I was thankful for eh di siya nailang or umiwas, ganun pa din niya akong ituring.

I was still her buddymate, who has a crush on her.

I was staring at her one afternoon as she was busy doing assignment. While i was just sitting in the table she was  writing on, under that mango tree, located at the back of the science building.
Then it hit me. Senior na kami. This will be the last year na kasama ko siya. For everyday since grade school, nasanay na akong kasama siya. To walk with her after school. Nasanay na ako na  samahan siya sa twing bibili siya ng paper sa labas, or magpaphotocopy, o sasaglit sa canteen to buy some food.
Nasanay na kong marinig yung hagikhik niya when i tell a silly joke.
Nasanay na ako sa mga simpleng hawak sa kamay, mga pag-alalay, mga pagdikit ng braso, mga pandaliang pag-akbay.

"Nae...", i called her.

Umangat siya ng tingin sakin and asked me why.

"Prom is coming, who'd you bring? I mean who's your date?", i asked.

"I dont know.. well Allen asked me, randy did, and some other guys.
but i havent figured out yet.
This is our last year, and last prom, i want it to be special.
Eh ikaw, did you asked anyone or may nag-ask na sayo?", balik tanong niya.

"Wala pa..."
But at the back of my mind, i want it to be her...

"Nae?"
"Yes?"

She's waiting for me to talk but there is a resistance lump on my throat.
But i closed my eyes, opened my mouth, and even my whole being was surprised to the question i asked her.

"Will you go to the prom with me?"

Nakita ko sa mata niya ang pagkagulat.
Hindi ko alam kung masiyado lang siyang mabait sa lahat ng bagay pero di ko nakita o naramdaman yung mga negative things na inaasahan ko.

"Why me nick?", she asked.

"Cos you're the prom queen, everybody wants the prom queen", pabiro kong sabi .

She looked into my eyes and said, "Yung totoo nick? I want the truth"

I hesitated, but here I am, i took the first step, might as well take some more.

"Because i like you nae.. and i think ive been liking you so much and for a very long time, it turned into love. And i want this prom to be special to"

"No... you are my friend nick.. and i'm terrified to this idea. We've been friends a long time, wag nating sirain yun. But im glad you finally told me. Id rather you told me kesa sinabi mo muna sa iba, sana."

Her rejection crushed my heart.
Pinilit kong ngumiti .
"Ok nae, i understand... i'll see you at the prom"

*PROM NIGHT*

Walang excitement.
Walang saya
The idea of going there alone made me not want to go, pero lahat sila pupunta so i have to go.

I got out of my car, i was late...
I proceeded to the basketball court where it was being held.
Ongoing ang isang sweet song pagdating ko.

Hinanap agad ng mata ko kung nasaan si naela.. and as i expected, di naman siya mababakante ng sayaw eh.
She's dancing with vince.
Oh God, she's so beautiful. Pero masakit na makita siyang nakahawak sa iba.

"Oh nae.... how i adore you", sabi ng isip ko

She saw me, i looked away.
I decided to just go outside...

I was staring at the big, green, soccer field, when someone in a distance said hey....

I looked at the person who said that..
She was wearing a red dress.. almost a gown.. and a shiny, small tiara.
But her smile and eyes outshined any glittery thing tonight.

"Hey nick.." she mumbled.

"Hey nae... you look beautiful"

"And you're gorgeous nick"

"Nasaan ang date mo?", pag-iiba ko.

"You are my date nick...",
Di ko alam ang magiging reaksiyon ko, pero para akong mabibingi sa kabog ng dibdib ko.

"I'm sorry na natakot ako.
Takot akong bumagsak ang grades ko, at sa sasabihin ng mga tao.
Takot akong mang-dedma ng tao, dahil magagalit sila at sasabihan akong snob.
But through the years, akala mo hindi ko alam... maliit o malaking bagay nick na nagawa mo, i noticed it.
Sa kampanya ko as a student body leader, sa mga extra mile that you did for me...
Pero nick... takot kasi ako eh...
But i realized last night...
Saan ba ako dadalhin ng mga takot ko?
Ive been waiting for you to say how you feel for me... pero natakot din ako... kasi nararamdaman ko din yun sa'yo.
At natatakot ako sa mga sasabihin ng tao"

Speechless ako , but my heart is bursting out with happiness..

"Takot din ako nae... pero nagpakatotoo lang ako."

"Im conquering my fear now nick. Let's make this night special"

Inabot niya sa akin ang kamay niya,
Hinawakan ko naman ito
And then she led me to the court.

Sobrang kaba yung naramdaman ko, pero mas sobra ang saya na nananaig sakin.

Before we dive in to the sea of people who were perplexed to see us holding hands,
Tiningnan ko siya at bumitaw sa kamay nia, sabay tanong:

"Nae... sure ka?"

"Yes..."

"Pero i'm not gonna be the prom king, and you are the prom queen" tanong ko na naghahanap ng assurance.

Ngumiti siya at sinabing
"They better get used to two queens...
Cos there is no way i'm not gonna dance with you tonight nicola...
You look good in your dress by the way..
I told you.. you're gorgeous.."
Saka niya nilahad ulit ang kamay niya.

I smiled, i know that if we don't do this, we'll regret it forever...
I reached out her hand then walked with her.
She smiled... i exhaled...
There are people around us that will judge us, but they won't get in our way.
They don't feel how we feel. They won't give us our happiness.
They are looking at us, but i am not scared.
I am not scared anymore.
We are free.
We reached the center of the dance floor and i clasp her other hand.
She smiled, i smiled, i looked into her eyes...
And then we started to sway.

*the end*

0 comments: